Terms & Conditions | BAGGAGETAXI
TERMS & CONDITION
These Service Terms and Conditions (“Terms”) between you (“Customer”, “you”, “your”) and BaggageTaxi a service of BaggageTaxi FZ-LLC a company incorporated with limited liability in the Emirates of Dubai in Dubai Internet City, United Arab Emirates, and having commercial license with DDA 102459 trading as BaggageTaxi FZ-LLC a registered Trademark (“BaggageTaxi” and later referred to as “us” or “we”), that govern your access to and use of any BaggageTaxi related Services (as defined below) including but not limited to the (i) BaggageTaxi website www.baggagetaxi.com including any and all other sites that redirect to the Website, any subdomains and any web or mobile applications that relate to the Services (operated by BaggageTaxi or by any of our partners)[AAZ51] [TSE/S2] [AAZ53] [TSE/S4] [AAZ55] (“Website”), (ii) the BaggageTaxi App (“App”), (iii) BaggageTaxi plan, (iv) BaggageTaxi subscription and (v) any products, or services made available to you by us (collectively, “Platforms”). Please read these Terms carefully before using the Services offered by BaggageTaxi.
Your access and use of the Platform and/or the Services constitute your express agreement to be bound by these Terms and establishes a contractual relationship between you and BaggageTaxi FZ-LLC.
1. Services & Interpretations & Definitions
Unless defined elsewhere in the Terms, the following definitions are set below:
- Account - a user account created by you, as a customer or a user account created by an interdepend [AAZ56] service provider of BaggageTaxi (i.e., driver, third party etc) for the purposes of using the Platform for the Services.
- Arriving Service - customers arriving at the airport with booked delivery service to any address on arrival city.
- Baggage & Items - we might refer to your Baggage as Items with some terminology.
- Baggage Collection – Meaning BaggageTaxi collecting your Baggage/Items from your order to your provided address as per order date and time. Collection at curbside unless arriving in Airports.
- Booking - means a Booking Request that has been confirmed by us and notified to you as being accepted.
- Booking Request - means a formal request to a formal submission date by a customer or user to reserve any of BaggageTaxi services, which will be processed Cash Payment – Members are authorized for cash payments.
- Collection Point - means the location at which we will collect your baggage as set out in a Booking.
- Collection Time - means the time window set out in the Booking during which we must collect your baggage from the Baggage Collection Point - there can be a 30min collection window for drivers to arrive.
- Daily Storage Fees – refers to the charge incurred daily for keeping Baggage in BaggageTaxi capacity. Customer are charged a monthly flat from 14-29 days storage.
- Departing Service - customers departing via airport. Means a collection of baggage from the Collection Point, Storage and delivery of your Baggage. Section 8 below describes the specific terms and conditions related to this aspect of our Services.
- Delivery - means the delivery by us of your baggage from the Collection Point to Delivery Point.
- Delivery Point - means the location at which we will deliver your baggage as defined in a Booking.
- Delivery Period - means the time window which you will collect your baggage following Delivery as set out in a Booking.
- Force Majeure - means without limitation, any event or circumstance beyond our reasonable control rendering performance of the Services impossible or impractical, including but not limited to acts outside human control, fire, flood, earthquake, windstorm, storm, extreme weather conditions or other natural disaster, epidemic, pandemic or serious risk to health, war, threat of or preparation for war, armed conflict, closure of airspace, in position of sanctions, embargo, breaking off of diplomatic relations or similar actions, terrorist attack, civil war, civil commotion or riots, labor disputes involving complete or partial stoppages of work or delay in the performance of work, Acts of God, power failure, any act of any government or public authority, loss of systems, networks, equipment or data (including, without limitation, the Internet or any telecommunications or utilities network or equipment)
- Handler – drivers and customer service agents within BaggageTAXI company that manage our customer journey.
- Members – users who have opted for the BaggageTaxi subscription service. [AAZ57]
- Long Term Storage –service refers to Baggage or item stored with a minimum duration of 30 days. Any customers booked with long term storage and wanting earlier removal must pay a removal fee of 250AED + 50 AED delivery charge. .
- Pricing /- means the fees for our Services that are displayed on our Platforms as being applicable at the time that you make your Booking.
- Prohibited & Restricted Items - means any item/goods prohibited for air transportation by any regulatory or government body, including but not limited to items that are illegal, hazardous or dangerous, any animals and any other item considered by us to be hazardous, dangerous or prohibited under any applicable law. You the customer are fully liable for any baggage content and potential damages it may cause to third parties. [AAZ58] [TSE/S9] [AAZ510] [TSE/S11] [AAZ512] For more information please refer to TSA: at https://www.tsa.gov/travel/security-screening/whatcanibring/all. In addition we want to make all customers aware of local UAE Government in restricted items for the UAE.
- Partner - third party service providers that help us to full-fill our services.
- Refer & Earn – individuals or companies that are registered to promote BaggageTaxi services.
- –Partners - companies that are registered and promote BaggageTaxi services to potential customers to enhance their customer journey and signed up with a Partner/Affiliate Agreement.
- Same Day Storage Services - included are 18 hours of storage with any services booked.
- Services - means our services of collecting, delivering, storing and transporting your items/baggage as set out in these Terms.
- Short Term Storage Service – storage service used less than 30 days but more than 14 days. Customers exceeding 14 days storage will be entitled to pay 10 days regular short term storage fees per items. Regular long -term rates will apply for the rest of the storage month.
- Standard Baggage - sizes not exceeding totals of 180cm and 32KG per maximum weight.
- Strollers, Baby Car Seat – will be transported complimentary one each per booking.
- Storage Location - means a secure storage facility maintained for the provision of our Services with UAE regulated room temperature of 24 +/- Celsius.
- International Shipping – Terms & Conditions apply as per selected 3PL carrier services selected by customer.
- Storage Services – defines into daily, short or long term storage.
- UAE Transfer Delivery - any services that need cross state delivery within United Arab Emirates, services include 6 baggage pieces per delivery.
- You - means any person who makes a Booking Request or uses the Platform (whether directly or indirect).
- Your Baggage (or “baggage”) - means that we are only accepting your personal baggage, no animals accepted.
2. Acceptance of Terms
- By installing, accessing and/or using our Platforms and/or Services, you expressly agree to these Terms. If you do not agree with these Terms, you must stop using the Platforms and/or Services immediately.
- In addition to these Terms, when using our Platform and/or Services, you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions imposed by such partners, which may be made available by the relevant partner at any time. In the event of any conflict between such additional terms and these Terms, these Terms shall prevail.
- We reserve the right to revise these Terms at any time to accommodate new features, services and functionalities on the Platforms and/or Services in addition to reflecting prevailing changes in applicable laws. Such revised terms will apply from the date of publication and notification. We advise that you visit this page on a regular basis to review these Terms. If you continue to use Platforms and/or Services after the Terms have been updated, you will be deemed to have accepted the revised Terms. If you do not agree to such revised Terms, you must stop using the Platforms and/or Services with immediate effect.
- The rights and duties granted or imposed under these Terms operate to the extent not excluded by law (for example these Terms do not limit any consumer warranties that may not be excluded by contract). Nothing in these Terms will prevent us from complying with the laws of the United Arab Emirates.
3. Availability of Platforms & Services
- The Platforms and/or Services are provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis and your usage of the Platforms and/or Services hereunder are constituted at your own risk.
- No warranty or undertaking is provided with respect to the Platform and/or Services regarding fitness for any purpose or that the Platform and/or Services are, compatible, safe, secure, available, uninterrupted, or free from errors or defects or that any information or content provided by us is complete, accurate or of a certain quality. BaggageTaxi is under no obligation to update information on the Website or in the App.
- We reserve the right to alter, suspend or discontinue any part (or the whole of) the Platforms and/or Services. These Terms shall continue to apply to any modified version of the Platforms and/or the Services unless it is expressly stated otherwise. Except as otherwise expressly agreed by BaggageTaxi in writing, information regarding our Services is subject to change without notice
- Information about our Services made available on and/or through the Platforms shall not constitute a representation, warranty, or any other commitment by BaggageTaxi with respect to any product or service offered unless otherwise expressly agreed to by BaggageTaxi in writing.
- To the fullest extent permitted by law, we disclaim any and all warranties of any kind (whether expressed or implied), including the implied warranty of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title, non-infringement and freedom from defects, errors, viruses or other destructive code on the Platforms. Whilst we use reasonable endeavours to ensure that the Platforms are secure and free of errors, viruses and other malware, we give no warranty or guarantee in that regard and you must take responsibility for your own security, that of their personal details and their electronic devices.
- We accept no liability for any disruption or non-availability of the Platforms and/or Services.
- In case of Force Majeure such that BaggageTaxi is unable to perform in whole or in part its obligations set forth in these Terms, then BaggageTaxi shall be relieved of those obligations to the extent it is unable to perform them and such inability to perform shall not make BaggageTaxi liable to any other party.
5. Use of the Platforms and Services
- The use of our Platforms and Services require access to the internet and availability of the App. You are solely responsible for providing your own access (e.g. computer, mobile device, internet connection, etc.) to the Website and App.
- To authenticate your use of the Platforms and/or Services, we (or a designated third-party provider) may need to send you codes via text messages, emails or phone calls. You consent to receiving such communications from us.
- By creating an Account, you agree that BaggageTaxi may contact you via email, mail, phone or text messages at any of the addresses or phone numbers provided by you, or via the App. Communication may include, but is not limited to marketing purposes, general updates to Service usage , updates to App features, important user or company updates etc.
- You may opt out of marketing communication via the provided unsubscribe link or by contacting us at any time.
6. Bookings & Services
- A Booking Request can be made via our website or application Platforms, or partners
- BaggageTaxi reserves the right to decline or reject any Booking Request or to cancel any accepted Booking at its sole discretion.
- A Booking Request will only be deemed a confirmed Booking if you have received written confirmation (either via e-mail or other notification) confirming your Booking Request and the payment has been processed and accepted by us.
- BaggageTaxi reserves the right to refuse any baggage presented to us at our sole discretion without stating reasons. In such circumstances, the relevant Booking may be cancelled.
- You understand and acknowledge that we will not be required to provide our Services in respect of a Booking where the number of items of baggage submitted in the Booking is not equal to the number of items of baggage left at the Collection Point In such circumstances, the relevant Booking may be cancelled.
- You understand and acknowledge that access to the Platforms and/or provision of the Services may be suspended temporarily and without notice. We will not assume any liability and/or responsibility for such suspension.
- Anyone using our services agree to our Terms and Conditions and understand the prohibited items usage policy.
- All Bookings & subsequent provision of Services are subject to these Terms.
7. Services Overview
Departing and Arriving customers & UAE Transfer:
- Services includes curbside Collection, Storage and Same Day delivery.
- Maximum holding time in our possession is 18hrs total, before moved into our storage.
- Customers not collecting their baggage will be automatically put into Daily Storage
- For Airport Delivery we must cross-check Customer Passport & ID
- For other Hospitality Delivery we must have copy of Passport & Booking
- The standard minimum of 1 hrs pre-booking notice is needed but can be adjusted up to 4hrs.
- If Hotel has fixed collection daily, then bookings can be accepted up to collection time of BaggageTaxi.
- Baggage stored for same day delivery are considered up to 18hrs of storage.
Daily/Short Term Storage
- Full Pre-Payment Needed. + Same amount as Security Deposit
- Booking must specify total days of booking.
- Customers not collecting their Baggage will default automatically into Long Term storage after 30 days. Short & Long Term storage fees will be applied!
- Short Term Storage wanting to use less then 29 days a flat rate applies after 14-29 days.
- Baggage not collected after specified booking dates, will be held for 6 months, after it will be destroyed.
- Storage Terms & Conditions apply of leased facility.
Long Term Storage
- Full Pre-Payment Needed. + 1 Month Security Deposit.
- Booking must specify total month of booking and days at booking days.
- Baggage removed earlier is not subject to refund and must pay full 30 days.
- Earlier removal of Baggage and delivery requires a one time 250 AED removal & 50 AED extra delivery charge.
- Baggage not collected after specified booking dates, will be held for 6 months, after it will be destroyed.
- Customers booking min storage and want to collect less than 30 days will be subject to Short Term Storage.
- Storage Terms & Conditions apply of leased facility.
Door to Door – International Shipping
- Full Pre-Payment Needed.
- Insurance value is your invoice value, if different please talk to our customer service.
- Transit time describes normal services from collection to your delivery destination, excluding customs clearance.
- Services are provided by partners and their Terms of Service & Conditions will apply that you will agree on when placing your order.
8. Pricing and Payment
- Fees for our Services shall be displayed on our Platforms and is applicable at the time that you make your Booking.
- We require advanced payment prior us confirming a Booking for all. We accept payment by credit card or debit card or , Apple Pay etc.
- For Members Only - we accept cash payments.
- All pricing is inclusive of VAT.
- Each party shall be responsible for paying its own bank charges.
- If you fail to pay any fees owed to us on time, then interest shall be applied by BaggageTaxi to such late payment at the prevailing interest rate communicated by the UAE Central Bank calculated on a daily basis from the date such fees became due and payable/from the date of the invoice.
- You shall account and be liable for your own taxes, including but not limited to any taxes on your income, assets or employees.
9. Representations & Warranties
- You, will ensure that all baggage is given to us at the Collection Point within the Collection Period and that all baggage is as specified in the Booking.
- You, will ensure that all baggage is properly closed and secure, and that the weight of any one piece of baggage does not exceed 32 kg.
- You, warrant that the baggage conforms to the requirements of Standard Baggage as outlined in these Terms.
- You, warrant to us that the baggage is free of any Prohibited Items and/or does not contain any Prohibited Item.
- You, warrant to us that you have full and complete authority to submit the baggage to our Services and, in the event you are leaving or entrusting the baggage with a hotel concierge, travel representative or any other third party person at the Collection Point, you:
- warrant that you have done all things necessary to ensure that such person has been granted full and complete authority to represent your interests in respect of the Services and acknowledge that we shall be entitled to treat any such person as your lawful authorized representative.
- you expressly assume all risk in respect of any third-party representation at the Collection Point and/or Delivery Point; and
- you waive all claims against us and release us from any liability in relation to our collection, storage or delivery of the baggage in this manner.
- You, warrant that you are acting at all times in respect of the Services in conformity and accordance with all applicable law.
- You, warrant that you have completed the Booking request accurately.
- You, warrant that you have maintained appropriate travel or other insurance on the baggage commensurate to the value of the contents of the baggage for which we are providing the Services.
- You, will pay us all Fees for our Services.
- You, remain responsible and liable for understanding and abiding by any maximum baggage allowance set by the relevant airline; and
- If we are unable to provide you with the Service that is the subject of a Booking due to you not being present at the:
- Collection Point within the Collection Period then we may cancel your Booking and you will forfeit any paid pricing in respect of that Booking; or
- Collection Point within the Collection Period then we may store your baggage until an alternative collection appointment is arranged with you and you will reimburse us for all costs that we incur.
10.Services & Security
- BaggageTaxi: We shall ensure that the Services are provided with reasonable skill and care;
- We, will use all reasonable endeavors to collect your baggage at the Collection Point during the Collection Period and to deliver your baggage to the Delivery Point during the Delivery Period.
- We will not open or search your bag without your consent unless we are required to do so by government authorities, police, or airport security authorities.
- We will not be required to provide the Services to you if:
- events beyond our reasonable control mean that it is impossible or impractical for us to do so, including but not limited to an event of Force Majeure;
- your baggage does not meet the security or safety requirements at any airport or at any other location where your baggage may be held or be in transit; or
- you fail to deliver your baggage to the Collection Point within the Collection Period set out in your Booking.
11.Collection & Security
- In case deemed appropriate by BaggageTaxi:
- we will place a secure non-breakable security tag on your bags at the Collection Point.
- or will place our own locks on your baggage at the Collection Point.
- All the above will be done Infront of you as tags will also be scanned.
- For the avoidance of doubt, the precautionary steps defined in Article 10.1 hereinabove shall not imply acceptance of responsibility of loss or damage to your baggage. BaggageTaxi shall under no circumstances be held liable for, nor be responsible for for any loss or damage to your baggage.
- We will store your baggage at the Storage Location prior to your Baggage Pick-Up at the Delivery Point.
- You must collect your baggage from the Delivery Point during the Delivery Period. If you fail to do so, we shall be entitled to charge you for additional storage fees and for redelivery to the Delivery Point as per Clause 12.
- In the event you ask us to deliver your baggage to a third party, then we will endeavor to deliver to that third party and will be discharged from any responsibility or liability in respect of such delivery to the designated third-party. BaggageTaxi may require proof of identification from the designated third-party indicated in the Booking (or a representative thereof) or any person that we are subsequently instructed to deliver to by you.
- If you fail to attend at the Baggage Collection within three hours of the scheduled Delivery Period, your baggage will be put in storage within 12 hours of the actual Collection Period which was the start of the booking, we reserve the right to leave the Delivery Point and immediately cancel the Service.
12. Booking Cancellation & Amendments
- Subject to the conditions herein, a booking may be amended or cancelled directly through the Platforms or by sending an email with the Booking details to firstname.lastname@example.org . Any amendment or cancellation of a Booking is confirmed and completed only when we send a confirmation e-mail is sent to you.
- You may amend a Booking at any time provided that the amendment is received and confirmed by us more than three hours prior to the Collection Period.
- Customers booking via WhatsApp will receive an agreement send that must be OTP mobile number verified and agreed Terms & Conditions and the prohibited items not part of their checked baggage to our service.
- If a Booking is cancelled:
- more than two hours prior to the start of the Collection Period for that Booking; or
- more than four hours prior to the start of the Collection Period for that Booking (if we are not in possession of your baggage), we will refund in full any Fees that you have paid to us in respect of that Booking. We will process the refund within 14 days of notification of the cancellation. Refunds will be made only through the original mode of payment. If you cancel a Booking outside of these times, we will not refund any Fees that you have already paid us for that Booking.
- If your baggage is in our possession, we may amend or cancel any Booking without refunding you any Fees:
- In the event of any Force Majeure or where we are prevented by you from fulfilling the Service;
- where you have provided an invalid delivery address; or
- where we believe that you have misused our Services
- and we will use reasonable endeavors to notify you of this.
13. Other Charges
- Pricing Transparency – in UAE, Dubai - first baggage is 99 AED any additional is 40 AED.[TSE/S14] [TSE/S15] [AAZ516] All pricing is included VAT.
- Any promotional discounts could be applied and denied if not issued from BaggageTaxi.
- In case of failure to collect your baggage at the Collection Point within the Collection Period, we retain the right to charge you the full amount of your booking.
- Do note that “One Baggage Booking’’ will include a maximum hold time of 18 hours.
- If your baggage is not collected within 18 hours of the initial Collection Period, you will be charged a storage fee.
- Daily storage pricing can be retrieved through our booking channels.
- Daily timing and rates are from 0:00 to 23:59hrs.
- After 14 calendar days of storage, your baggage will be put on long-term storage and we will charge you per pricing terms. Whereas the first month will be charged 10 days short term storage + the remaining month, will be charged long-term storage fees.
- If you do not collect or pay for your baggage within the Collection Period for the Baggage Collection, we will be entitled to store your baggage until it is delivered to you. The daily storage fee is as per clause 12.2.
- General re-delivery of your baggage is 50 AED first item and 25 AED for any additional baggage within Dubai.
- If you have not taken delivery of your baggage or paid any outstanding fees within one month of the end of the Collection Period as shown in your original Booking, you will be deemed to have renounced your rights in the baggage;
- this voids if you have made long-term storage arrangements exceeding 60 days.
14. Liability & Indemnity
- Subject to the following provisions of these Terms, we will only be liable for loss or damage to your baggage arising as a direct result of our Services, and provided that the baggage is not or does not contain a Prohibited Item.
- In the event of loss or damage to your baggage and where such loss or damage occurred due to a direct result of our Services, our liability shall not exceed $200 (two-hundred USD) in respect of an individual item of baggage and $ 1000 (one thousand USD) per Booking.
- For the purposes of these Terms, damage excludes fair wear and tear associated with the provision of the Services including damage to wheels, handles, zippers, and fastenings.
- You agree to indemnify and hold BaggageTaxi, its officers, directors, employees and agents harmless from any and all claims, demands, losses, liabilities, and expenses (including attorneys’ fees) arising out of or in connection with: (i) your use of the Platform (ii) your use of Services obtained through the Platform; (iIi) your breach or violation of this Agreement or (iv) your violation of the rights of any third party.
- BAGGAGETAXI SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING LOST PROFITS, LOST DATA, PROPERTY DAMAGE RELATED TO, IN CONNECTION WITH, OR OTHERWISE RESULTING FROM ANY USE OF THE PLATFORM OR SERVICES, EVEN IF BAGGAGETAXI HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. BAGGAGETAXI SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES, LIABILITY OR LOSSES ARISING OUT OF: (i) YOUR USE OF OR RELIANCE ON THE PLATFORM OR THE SERVICES OR YOUR INABILITY TO ACCESS OR USE THE PLATFORM OR THE SERVICES EVEN IF BAGGAGETAXI HAAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. BAGGAGETAXI SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR DELAY OR FAILURE IN PERFORMANCE RESULTING FROM CAUSES BEYOND OUR REASONABLE CONTROL. IN NO EVENT SHALL BAGGAGETAXI’S TOTAL LIABILITY TO YOU IN CONNECTION WITH THE PLATFORM, THE SERVICES, ANY WEBSITE OR APPLICATION LINKED THERETO, ANY MATERIAL POSTED ON THE FOREGOING FOR ALL DAMAGES, LOSSES AND CAUSES OF ACTION EXCEED ONE THOUSAND UNITED STATES DOLLARS PER BOOKING.
15. Data privacy
- All customers’ data are retained for a period of one year. Customers have the right to request deleting their data by sending an email email@example.com.
- The Platforms may include links to third party websites that are controlled and maintained by third parties. Any link to such websites is not an endorsement by us of such websites and you acknowledge and agree that BaggageTaxi shall not responsible for the content or availability of any such sites.
- The failure to exercise or enforce any right conferred upon either party of these Terms will not be deemed to be a waiver of any such right.
- Baggagetaxi will cooperate with and comply with instructions and requested by law enforcement authorities as required by applicable law. Such cooperation shall include regarding your baggage and/or your use of the Platforms or the Services if requested.
- If these Terms or parts thereof are deemed unlawful, void or for any reason unenforceable, then that part shall be deemed to be severable from these Terms and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any of the remaining parts.
- These Terms shall be in English language and may be translated into any other languages than English provided however that the English text will always prevail. Any notice given in connection with these Terms shall be in English.
- You may not assign any of your rights or novate your obligations under these Terms without our prior written consent. We may assign any of our rights or obligations to any other entity or person and transfer your information in connection with a sale, merger, acquisition, restructure or otherwise to any of our related entities or successor entities.
- A provision of, or a right created under these Terms in BaggageTaxi’s favor may not be waived except where executed in writing by BaggageTaxi.
These Terms will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Emirate of Dubai and the parties agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Emirate of Dubai.